Monday, April 12, 2010

Mentor Summary


Peter Simon

Junior, Industrial Design, RISD

Mini Bio:

Should I write this in the first person? or the third person?

I came to school RISD within a practical, and open state of mind. Over the course of my education I have shifted my learning from technique driven and material based projects to system based investigations that attempt to make intangible experiences tangible and valuable. I am unsure where my focus will take me next, but I am eager to learn as much as I can on the way.

…first person wins...

Mini Project 2 Summary:

In my second project I hope to apply system design thinking to community development within providence. I want to focus my project on creating a sustainable social venture that harnesses, and benefits not just those directly involved, but also peripheral users that may not have direct contact with the venture. I have been reaching out to local government agencies and professionals within social enterprise for guidance and ideas. I am continuing to look for a nonprofit to volunteer with over the course of this project.

I want to focus on learning ethnographic survey techniques as well as honing a business plan that might be able to see a second life outside of a student project.

No comments:

Post a Comment